Benchmark Electrical Solutions, Inc. is committed to a safe work environment for employees and property.
This commitment will be fulfilled by managing our safety programs with a primary objective to prevent work place injuries. This objective is the highest priority from all BES associates during all facets of our work. In our dedication to this commitment, we will provide and maintain a safe work environment as directed by industry standards and requirements. We will make every effort to eliminate hazards in the work place.
We build a culture of safety in our entire organization by implementing the following:
- Behavior based safety program – employees are trained on performing observations of other employees work habits. Unsafe behaviors are corrected immediately and employees who are observed performing work safely are rewarded.
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s) – JSA’s are completed by crews to identify hazards for the tasks they will be performing. A plan is developed to remove the hazards, or how to work safely around the hazards.
- Weekly site audits – Foremen and crew members are responsible for completing a site audit on a weekly basis to identify any unsafe conditions that need to be addressed.
- Weekly tool box talks – These allow us to educate our employees on different safety topics on a weekly basis that is related to the work they are performing.
- Third Party Safety Audits – We have a consultant who performs weekly site audits at all of our project locations.
- Continuous Training – We perform training sessions with all crew members on a routine basis and cover topics such as:
- Safeland Training
- Fall Protection
- Safe Ladder use
- Aerial Lift Certification
- Forklift Certification
- Electrical Safety
- Hazard Communication
- Lock Out/ Tag Out
- Defensive Driving
- H2S Awareness
- Lead Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness
- Site Specific Orientation
- OSHA 10 hour
Our company expects all employees to actively participate in all aspects of our safety program and we encourage each employee to strive to excellence in their actions and respective duties.